The way I have seen done is
- Empty tin into a empty jam jar with a lid.
- Put a splash of washing up liquid in and then 2/3rds fill with warm water.
- Agitate the jar enough so as not to damage pellets
- Tip into a plastic sieve (not a food one) and then rinse with warm water.
- Put on a teatowel or something similar to absorb the excess water
- Use a hairdrier to dry them off keeping an eye out for damaged ones.
- Put warm pellets into a ziplock bag and then add few drops of the lube and swish around in the bag to coat the pellets.
Me all I do is just chuck some lube on them in a ziplock bag.