Thread: Marshalling...
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2012, 04:03 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Question Marshalling...

Not meant to be exactly FT specific, and certainly not meant to start one of those handbag FT/HFT threads...

My personal opinion is FT needs better marshalling. Now before I start, i'll quantify that... i'm just as bad as pulling anyone else up on something as anyone else, but there are people that are better. One of my issues with buddy marshalling is that if you've created a bad atmosphere lane 1 then it's going to be a long shoot. But then you get people with rhino hide that don't care, or people that do it right so it doesn't matter.

So, my thinking is that FT needs some permanent marshalls... which totting it up, becomes a lot.

If we say 1.5 hours is a stint, for every post we need 4.

So to man the chrono, that's 4 people.

Each kneeling lane, 4 people, x 3 lanes = 12.

Say 1 roving marshal, so that's another 4.

Permanent BFTA chief marshal.

That makes 20 marshals + the chief.

To incentivise I would suggest fuel contributions, and to select the best, a marshalling course. It costs me about 20/30 to car share to most GP's so i'd say 30 is fair..? that would cover the cost of a room if need be on most shoots...? Perhaps a imileage could be worked out?

Or of course we can continue saying about "what if there was" on rule threads.

Permanent chief marshal to be voted on.

And of course this is just airing on a forum, it means naff all until a proper proposal is taken to the BFTA and voted on. But it might help to hear people's thought's beforehand.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread