View Single Post
Old 13th June 2012, 11:31 PM
Member of: Thorn Dell ( RIP )

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
Mr Costello sir advice needed please. WHAT IS A SHOOTING JACKET?
I have got a cammo waterproof parker that I purchased for shooting and some times walk the dog, is this a shooting jacket?.
I have got a barbour jacket that I purchased for fishing and now only gets used for shooting, is this a shooting jacket?.
I have also purchased a shooting jacket that can also be used for bondage due to the rubber pads on the elbows and the grippy shoulder pads that stop your butt slipping,is this a shooting jacket?.
Finnaly I went to Newbury and cleared the course only to be beaten by a young man from Durham
WEARING A SHOOTING JACKET Please advise Kind Regards Steve(very confused)
Mr.P. I was expecting this mail from your good self requireing further clarification on the subject ofshooting jackets. ( Things have just not been the same since talking to you in Wear Valley Council offices).

1. A cammo waterproof parker ,is not a shooting jacket.

2. A waterproof Barbour jacket is not a shooting jacket.

3.A shooting jacket that can also be used for bondage is a shooting jacket.

With regard to the rather fine photograph of yourself and a certain young man from Durham taken in Newbury. It is quite obvious that you are wearing a shooting jacket , it is even more obvious that he was useing a rather well worn shooting jacket ,that had been used by the previous owner more for bondage than shooting..
Hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards Ger.