View Single Post
Old 10th August 2009, 12:32 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default BFTA WAFTA GP8 Nelson

Well, they had been bigging it up all season, and it was certainly worth the wait.

Probably the most picturesque placement of targets I have ever seen... old exposed trees and babbling brooks, even the odd waterfall chucked in for good measure. Targets placed high and low, in and out, spread left and right to catch the unwary, and boy did it do that. Shots that were sent with certainty outside of the kill barely shifted a mm at over 50 yds, yet dare to come inside and you were often met with a wind that took you back out the short way, or right over and out to the far side. As per Byley, if you didn't get a grip on this one there was nothing to save your score as it slipped through your fingers lane after lane.

It was said that there was a little bit of luck needed to score well there, but I think it really needed a good grasp on that breeze, and if you didn't have it then luck certainly not going to fill the void.

Congrats to David Williams for grabbing back the Welsh GP trophy after 17 years... and Neil Daniels for sharing the honours. Also to Ian Stoddart for his win in A grade with an excellent 43. His first trophy ever, and it looks like he got it in just in time before getting into AA. Peter Moore did it for Far Coley in B grade, and Conor McFlynn took home honours in C with a storming 43. Nick Murphy put another win in the spring class, as did Brian Samson in SFT. Air Arms made full use of a weakened Walther team and got another win to tie the league just before the last shoot.

As far as the league goes, it looks like those that needed to catchup mostly made full use of the opportunity, and I expect the points table to show quite a few shuffles. It amazes me just how close it can get each year, and this year is even tighter. There'll be many who will be holding their breath until Sywell is over...

The scores are up on the BFTA site, and i'll post some pics later...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread