View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 09:58 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

I think i learnt a bit more about Robs kestrol theory thing on the weekend.

I was shooting with chris large who was using a comp and Robbie Black who was using a x80 March.
Chris made several targets over 55, in some cases by what looked like another 5 yards.
Robbies range finding and mine seemed on par. My kit is always kept in the bag and it did not seem to heat up much Sunday, unlike me.
I thaught i over ranged a couple of targets, but thinking about it, Robs theory on the warm air making pleets fly flatter further out holds true. thats what i had in Italy too.
sunday I thaught i over ranged, but Robbie made them the same ?

now I have always said i have only seen the mk4 Luep (my scope) shift once, in -5 degrees at a Tondu shoot where it under ranged.
I have tested it many times at tondu on known range targets and only ever seen "shift" in light conditions.
White or yellow targets in bright light may see me need to take 2.5 m off, while a dark target may need 2.5 added, but thats winter and summer in vastly different temps

I used it at the shires 100 2 (?) years ago where temps were if i remember close to 35 +, it definatley was the hottest day i have ever shot on. The scope did not over range there as i did not make anything past 57 yards, and that i know is Light. I shot next to gilly that day and he was over ranging with his comp

Its more a light thing for my scope and eyes than temp.

however, i am now keeping an eye on high temp for the pellets sake!

That day
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85