Thread: 2009 Gathering
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2009, 07:25 PM

The first we knew of this work being carried out was last Wednesday when the landlord contacted me. I can honestly say that Redfearns were looking forward to hosting the Gathering and we was also looking forward to seeing the many friends we have made from the UKAHFT over the last few years. I can see from some of the posts above that there is doubt as to why this shoot was cancelled but I can honestly say that the shoot was cancelled due to this upcoming tree felling. Knowing that we would only be able to use approx half of the ground I know myself we would not be able to put on a shoot up to our usual high standards.
I am bitterly disappointed in some of the responses to our cancellation on this forum as this forthcoming work was outside our control. We feel we have done all we can in notifying UKAHFT, which was done in a pm explaining the reasons why we had to cancel, to two UKAHFT organisers.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused but I hope that UKAHFT shooters do not bear any malice for this and I hope we can continue with very good relationship we have with HFT shooters as a whole.

Jeff Skinner
Redfearn FTC Chairman