View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 05:39 AM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Not hard enough

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
shot the New course today after finishing putting out the last few targets.

more of a target testing session than practise but both ended well.

first 4o finished 36 ex 40. Not switched on for target 1 and just aimed down the middle when half a kill needed.Split one other in the wind and had one go straight with one just clearing a kill. Not much wind, about half a kill to 1&half kills from about 40 -55 yards. Hit all the standers including the long one!

Second lap shot with Morf. less wind, practicaally none and shot worse lol.

Dropped 4 again. Missed 15 ml through poor trigger technique, missed a along one as i was telling Morf to take 2.5 yards off his long shots as he was going high, then decided i would try the same lol Struck 6. dialled in 55yards and hit it lol, double dinked the lane though!
Missed the long stander (using old coat with only 2 buttons) but it was uneaven footing that was the problem. Got the Grubber out and leveled the shooting area so feels better under foot now.
Woobled on my Tree shot as i was sat on a fallen branch moved the branch and hit it.

Really just bad shooting / lack of concentration that caused the missed 2nd time round, should have cleared it easily lol

Gun spot on though despite 25 degrees and rangefinding spot on. Barrel due a clean now before sundays GP.
Well fella, the course sounds a bit easy if you should have cleared it already. Might be worth the course being visited by the nelson posse to put a bit of difficulty to it??