Thread: 2009 Gathering
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2009, 11:07 AM
Beware the Chair
Member of: Redfearn FTC

Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I’ve just got back from M.A.D after a 6 hour journey to learn that Redfearn have pulled out of hosting the Gathering, this is not the first time they have done this but believe me it will be the last.

I won’t post my feelings on an open forum, but you can guess what they are

To all the people who have already booked a travel lodge etc, please feel free to contact someone at Redfearns and ask them what they intend to do about it.

As soon as we sort out a replacement venue we will let you know.

All I can do is apologise but this is totally out of the UKAHFT hands.

It is obvious from your post that you have spoken with your UKAHFT colleague who has his own personel opinions.
As a club we can not apologise enough. We have only just been made aware by our Landlord last week of a major tree felling operation that will take place in over half of the woodland over the next 3 months. The decision to cancel this event was not taken lightly. In our view, to put 2 courses in the remainder of the wood not effected by the tree felling operation would be a definate struggle and would not do the event justice. As the Gathering was to be held in November, the committee feel that 3 months notice of cancellation of the event was not unreasonable.
We do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Walther Dommie Titanium / Gary Cane Stock

Last edited by Steve Hebby; 9th August 2009 at 06:17 PM.