View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 08:05 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by simone View Post
Absolutely nothing against Beryl, I thought she was a good example of someone who's disabilities are obvious and who's not in AA, as you say there are others - how many of them have been singled out in the way that Ian has here, is it because Ian doesn't look disabled enough or is it only an issue with Ian because he's in AA.
Hi Simone, from my experience you dont notice the advantage gained in the alternative positions in classes C - A as you miss more sitters and scores are not generally so tight.

ie, when in classes C - A, I would miss enough sitters and those round me would, so that the competion was more open and if a shooter had used the alternative to hit say 6 kneelers they may well have missed more sitters than me, so i picked up a trophy, thus they were not on the radar.
I was told a story by a b class shooter at Gp 2 who took all disapline shots standing but watched another shooter take them sitting in the alternative position. He still beat the other shooter but felt the other chap had gained targets over him, in a non too level playing field.
Once in Aa (last year) what I noticed is that most of the time sitters are hit, but Standers and kneelers are critical. I missed two standers at Gp2 that cost me a chance of a trophy + more points.

For me its not Ians obvious lack of disability that causes concern, i have no dought he has problems as described, but the fact he has admitted he can shoot standing, 10 in a row. Thats more the case for me that he should have been shooting the 2 x 2 in a Gp. I like many others look forward to seeing Ian at future Gps swaying about with the rest of us.

Its still the alternative that is the problem and yes that really effects all shooters in all classes to differing degrees.

I (and i hope others) will be looking at the alternative positions again this week and Rich's proposal of extra targets.
Something has got to be found that is a better and more level palaying field, or to me the only thing left is an all sitting class and Ft class (ST & KN).
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85