View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 09:45 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by rich View Post
On a positional lane, why not put out four targets instead of two? Two of them will be the regular positionals, either kneelers or standers, and the other two will be at exactly the same place, distance and height, near as you can get, but will be freestyle targets, with 25mm kills for the "kneelers" and 15mm kills for the "standers".

Now, anybody and everybody can choose when they get to that lane, do you want to take a 30 yarder full size kill standing or a 30 yarder 15mm kill sitting? If it's a kneeling lane, either a 40 yard (for example) full size kneeler or a 40 yard 25mm sitting.

No need for proof of inability or lack of mobility, not much for a marshal to do, just elect which one to shoot at the time, and tell your buddy. Doesn't even need to be recorded which one you took, you either hit it or missed it.

Disabled and able bodied get the same choices.
Mr Taylor came up with this as well. I think the problem aired from one of our region who builds a lot of courses was that it added to the complexity of the target mounting, would require making sure that the targets are visible from more positions, and would require the purchase of more targets for more clubs. He quite rightly pointed out that you are talking about adding another 10 targets to a GP course, all reducers.

Aside from that though, I think it changes the sport. It's not an all sitting competition, nor are the racks. It's not what was intended, and if trying to accommodate everyone with every problem arises in this then my vote is to junk the lot. Take kneelers standing, stand for standers, and if you can't stand then walk past. At regional level you can do what your region elects to allow.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep