View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 05:48 PM
Phil Gee
Member of: Millride

Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
But as has been mentioned by someone who uses these positions, the adapted position gives them an advantage compared to them using the normal position. Also, what I have quoted so far has been directly from the 2012 main shoot rules, more up to date the the 2011 clarification you mention.

Again, I understand the intention of the rules. However, it states simply that no advantage should be gained, and clearly it is.
I understand this is down to interpretation, but I am trying to get my head around specifically what is written, not what it is intended for, or what somebody wants it to mean.
The 2012 main shoot rule 10 b is:
The Chief Marshal shall agree to the use of an alternative position or aid providing that no unfair advantage is gained from any special arrangements.

It doesn't state advantage, it states unfair advantage.
The rules also refer you to Appendix A. It is in Appendix A that the issue is discussed in the detail I refer where it is made clear that the positions are to enable the person to compete on reasonably equal terms with the rest of the contestants.

The 2012 Main Shoot rules are not 'more up to date' than the 2011 Appendix A.
The Main Shoot Rules were modified in 2012, hence the reissue. Appendix A was not modified so the 2011 version is still valid.
Steyr LG110FT | Big Nikko
Millride FTC