View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 01:06 PM
I Like BIG Hats!
Member of: Far Coley FTC

Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
If a shooter is unable to shoot in the required positions for a specific class (i.e. standing, and kneeling) then they should not shoot in that class. That is not discrimination, but common sense and the way of pretty much all sporting rules.
If you are unable to shoot the required positions, then you shoot in an alternative class in which you are able to shoot the allowed positions.

That is not discrimination or any other PC term anyone chooses to argue. It still allows ANYONE to take part in the comps. It does offer the option of a level playing field across classes.

It makes no difference whether the adapted positions offer advantage or not in reality. If you can't shoot in the required positions for a class, then you should not shoot in that class - simples

It should not be left down to specific shoot marshals to sort at a shoot either. Rules as above would prevent that stone dead.
Need though to make sure an "alternative" class has sufficient numbers to be meaningful, so that it does not become a farce in it's own right. My fear is too because of one individual who "appears" to use the rules to gain advantage, that a groundswell of opinion develops that blames the rules, not the application/misapplication of the rules, so that there is a negative impact on "genuine" cases.
AirArms RN10/EV2 Stock-2007 Big nikko FT Kit
AirArms NJR100 Hawke Airmax SR6 HFT/SFT Kit
Feinwerkbau 600 10 metre
HW77K-zeiler 6-24x44 Work in progress
Webley Vulcan .22 Lovely old relic