View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 11:21 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by DEBS View Post
At present I adopt the disabled kneeling position as offered to me within the current BFTA rules. My hip joint severly handicaps me to obtain the desired legal kneeling position. On reflection and viewing current video evidence on this site I feel that I am gaining too much of an advantage over other competitors in my grade.
Therefore, in future I am going to take all kneeling shots in the standing position as I feel this would even the playing field up. Hopefully other disabled shooters take my lead and adopt this stance on the disabled rules. I would further hope that the BFTA come to a fair and conclusive decision on this matter as soon as possible.

Debbie Clarke,
bfta, 42453
To stay withing the rules you may still need to get that standing position approved by the CM as I believe kneelers are still in rules as being taken kneeling only. Obviously though standing would give you no advantage, so I can't see why standing due to your hip can't be an alternative position... there's no preset alternative position as many think, there are only examples of positions which could be deemed to give no advantage. I would think whether they could be an alternative or not depends on your ability.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep