View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 03:24 PM
Member of: Castle ftc

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
when gilly sells it to you!

We baught 90 tins of Dai 50 of one of our Good Celtic cousins at Interers weekend and spread them out amounst the Tondu commandoes.

It seems all were happy with them, good quality and good results.

REV shoots them "well" but Priest with them sized to 4.50 is Mega.
Having found Mega D36 for REV all is well.
Thing is, dai / batch numbers are changing all the time and getting big reserves of one batch is proving hard.
Hence testing dai 10,14, 20, 40 and 39.

So my wee pal Gilly is on the look out for express, i have a couple left over which i put his way and he has "Dai 50" exacts for us. However, when i part with my crash, i mean Cash in the carpark of Springfield last saturday i note they are in the old white tin lids.
Dai are identcle according to sticker under tin.

New = 5000011 Batch 1 4.52
gilly = 5007711 Batch 1 4.52.

Upon inspection i note the inside of the skirt on Gillys 50 are different to the new Dai 50 (an all other new Red label Exacts) but i decide as he gave me part opened tins i would try them.

Thats very good in REV !

Groups are the tightest i have ever done and they seem to ignore the wind more than the other pellets.

Tested them Wednesday with over 100 on paper at 55 yards, hardly missed the kill and most of the time one on top of other.
Went back yesterday which was supposed to be a work / GP6 day at tondu but had to take the REV again and re-test incase i had been dreaming lol.

Nope, super groups again! shot some of the practise targets and again they were spot on, taking less wind than i at first would have expected.
3 x 4 on 44 yard stander and 4 x 4 on 27 yard stander.
Could not miss when i tried "disabled position" but thats another thread!

So, do i now use them or stick with Dai 36.
D36 have given me the results at Gp 1 & 2 and to be honest i dont like to fix things that aint broken.
I had a simular good start to last years Gp season but REV went ill after gp 2 and the switch i think put me out of stride.
So i am hoping to do all year Gp wise with the one set up, No 1 Luep, d 36 and REV.

Its good to know that there is a super batch of Dai 50 in the wings though!

Not even tested them in the Priest lol and i still say thats got the better barrel!
Use the falcons, u know u want to
EV2mk4-Nikko nato mk1
Pro-Target-Nikko nato mk3
TX200mk3-Bushnell elite.