View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 08:39 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

There would be ample room for parking, the FT course to a maximum of maybe 70 yards, a 30 yard plinking range etc. etc.
How exactly do you go about getting this sort of place up and running and licensed etc.
What would be the normal charge for someone using a facility like this, would you charge by the hour, by the number of goes around the course or by the day?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, we would like to get this up nd running ASAP

First couple of pointers you only need 55 yards for Ft on the course not 70, however you need 55 yards on the zero / plinking range too.

essentially you dont need a liecence but it would be very wise, in my book essential to have insurance,
you can then take it further by joing bfta or ukahft and assiate with other clubs regionally and nationally.
Covered shooter zero / plinking range is a good idea (wish we had one lol)

Charges, that depends on land rent really.
Make charges too high and people will go elsewhere. I would make any charges as low as possible and that hope in return you get experienced shooters heping you run the venue / club. Many large clubs have only a couple of "workers." Workers are essential.

Best bet is get yourself along to one of the big clubs near you

perhaps Anston and have a look at what they do.

I have no idea if other clubs are near you.

as for advertising the new club forums are your best bet but its worth putting something into printed airgun mags too.

Best of luck

BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85