View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 08:40 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Jcos View Post
Looks like here we go again.

1. Can anybody give me the number of places allocated to England ,and a full list of team members that qualified from the selection shoots that are actually going to Norway.
I see you've found the answer to that. We had 27 express a definite interest in Norway.

2. It appears that shooters only start talking about qualification when they fancy a jolly out to a country that is local.
Affordability and ease of travel is a key issue. It's fairly logical to see that we'll get more interest on a competition on our doorstep than one over the other side of the world.

3. Who qualified for America, South Africa .If my memory serves me right It was a case of who gets there shoots there. Oh dear lets not forget New Zealand in the future.
Yes, because those competitions were much smaller. Italy however was place limited, but we got our allocated placings after the EFTA pushed to get the 25 shooters in.

4.You dont require qualification shoots , you want people who want to represent their country. The team should be selected from previous Worlds attendances on count back.
That would mean only people who went before could go again? Dead mans shoes for a World's place. How do we solve a countback when we don't have the score cards and scores from SA were lower than Italy or Hungary?
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep