View Single Post
Old 29th April 2012, 05:05 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default I dont do rain

But today i had too.

Wanted to try the Priest out as back u, so depite the 30 mph winds and rain it was 7.30 off to avon haks with tosh and Arms dealer.

Quick zero check seemd ok so not wanting to get soaked before we started we set off, Arms dealer did not even go on the zero range, apparently as my pellets were going stright at 55 his would have been too. he did not even used weighed pellets today, stright from the tin! Must have been reading my posts?? lol

First 18 ish targets are in thick pine woods, very dark. Range finding however was seemingly spot on, Arms dealers comp and my no27 leup agreeing with each other.

Think i got to target 23 before missing. Lone one in the more open woods. Did not give it eough wind and it dropped a bit low. Had two other long ones drop low, but they as it happens also went stright!
Missed another two long ones for not enough wind, it could be strighht or 1.5 inches off kill. Tricky day to read.
Missed the long 42 yard kneeler as i forgot to add a couple of clicks. seemed shots past 35m were being pushed down a bit, I think the cold (5 degree) and damp air had a part in that.

hit all the standers though witch was good as they were good ranges, couple over 38 yard.

Took the overall, even if in B class wafta !!

Did get cold after first 30 targets, given today was like winter that would have been enough for me.
Lesson learnt though, prepare for winter conditions even in "Summer??"

Priest on the whole thuogh with sized dai 50 is top back up kit.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85