View Single Post
Old 26th April 2012, 11:13 PM
Member of: Castle ftc

Originally Posted by holly View Post
I have bought and sold 7 Big BSAs . the last one was the best . but it has gone , WHY , simple , like simon . they do not give me pleasure to look through . they are a tool to do a job . and a damm good job to . the only scope i have ever had that compares is my S&B over two grands worth to better a 300 scope ? but when i look through the schmidt , oh yes the colours are perfect . the reset string strands stand out like the belly on a fat welshman . yep stick with your BSAs and your nikkos . me i know what i will be looking through , win or lose ??? HOLLY
Ive used nikkos ever since i got back into FT, ive got a superb mk1 ive used for seven years,
and a mk4 ive only had for 4 or 5 months, which is a good scope as well, the point of the thread
is, the lad is just starting FT and in my opinion needs a scope he can "rangefind" with straight
away, and not have to worry about temp shift, theres enough to think about in FT as it is.
I personally dont care if the sight picture isnt as bright as a leupold..**** and bender or a march, the aim of the game is to rangefind the target, and from wot i have seen and heard, a good nikko will put the others in the shade all day long... I wouldnt swap my mk1 nikko for ten leupolds.....
EV2mk4-Nikko nato mk1
Pro-Target-Nikko nato mk3
TX200mk3-Bushnell elite.