View Single Post
Old 20th April 2012, 10:51 AM
Member of: Leicester & District Small-Bore rifle and Pistol Club
Default No pistol comp at kibworth

Hi all,
I am sorry to say THERE WILL BE NO PISTOL SHOOT AT KIBWORTH this weekend.

I am sorry for the very short, almost NO advance warning BUT it really isn’t my fault.

I drove all the way to Kibworth today to set out the course only to find firstly, the second range (the one by the main gate in use so setting up on the mall pond would have been risky) and insufficient target anchors to nail the targets to the ground. Then there were No golf buggy’s to carry all the targets round the intended course (no problem I thought, I’ll load everything into the back of my car and use that). When I had loaded my car with 30 odd targets, tools and whatever I could find to peg the targets down I drove down the lane into the back field to find a pretty much full HFT course set out and people already shooting it, practising for the “worlds”. There was no way I could set out a course for the pistol shooters for tomorrow, so I had a wasted journey/day.

Neither Rob Brown or Richard Moroz were on site and Richard Wilford was on his own in the shop. Apparently it was previously suggested between the regular staff, that the pistols this week should be cancelled, it’s just a shame no one had the courtesy to inform me of this or to inform me of the plans they had for full HFT practice today pretty much wrecking any idea of setting a course.

The future of the pistol competitions at Kibworth will from now on be in the hands of Richard Wilford, Richard Moroz and Rob Brown.

All the best everyone and once again, sorry for the late notice.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread