View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by strangefroot View Post
Ok then , holly & si .
Come a gp on your home ground for instance . we all arrive & there is a thick fog . You can just about make a 55 yard target out with the naked eye . That fog lingers to the same degree all day . Everyone struggles to range the targets but they all manage to shoot the course ........ a person that openly admits to having shot the course before & also admits knowing the range of every target on the course , That person wins the shoot by a margin of ( for instance ) 4 clear shots ? To me theres a bit more than " home advantage " involved under those circumstances , Wouldnt you agree ?

With regards to making sure that no targets are over range...... what we do is . a couple of members who dont shoot any open shoots are asked to go round & check any targets that i think maybe near the limit & they would never divulge any information to anyone .If any are found to be illegal , they move the target or the firing line to suit .

Cheers , calps
I'll reply to this one, Holly can have the other!

Well i cant really imagine the conditions as i have never seen them as such at Tondu, but i will try. My first move would be to move the tartgets in so they could be range found by all?
I knew all the ranges in 2010 and 2008. It did not help me win, by some margin.
Given a new shooter can turn up with top range finding kit (big nikkko 400 2nd hand) i think that range finding is becoming less of an issue at gp level. Its rare to see many misses from the better shooters high or low?
The tronble is calps our ground is not that big so we cant avoid shooting it but hopefully going back to your original post there will be enough new stuff there to keep everyone on their toes, but as i said its the wind that will be the decider as it was in 2010.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85