View Single Post
Old 13th March 2012, 06:33 PM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA

Originally Posted by plattitude View Post
So if all the grade breaks were raised by 5% would'nt that make it better, or not. I would not like just the AA grade level moving without all the rest of the grades.

Not sure about that one Paul. I do think that grades should perhaps be based on the last "season". So for example grades would be amended based the recent winter league shoots. That would mean for example that those who are now clearly AA grade now would move to the proper grade, rather than sitting on top of those who are more realistically A grade, as a result of their grades being based on scores from the year before as well when they may have been shooting in a lower grade (such as the case with you Paul).

There are a bunch of you at the top of NEFTA A who have all shot way above A grade standards, leaving us mear mortals way behind. Now obviously the rest of us need to up our game, but under current grading bands, your last season's score put you well above A grade. Surely if you have shown that you are now consistently shooting within a certain grade based on a season's shooting, then that's where you should shoot. That does of course still leave the door open for those who would choose to have a poor season to drop a grade for the next trophy hunt.

Fred's idea of a AAA grade, perhaps over 90% even might not be a bad idea though??

Last edited by paul4be; 13th March 2012 at 06:43 PM.