View Single Post
Old 12th March 2012, 01:05 PM
Member of: NOFTC CRPC

Originally Posted by tim g View Post
Hi Neil,
Re: breech; I try and always leave mine open ('cept when taking a shot!). No load on any of the parts that way. Only keep it closed between lanes if it's peeing down or it's really dusty. How does the breech seal o-ring look? was this replaced recently? Does the breech close really lightly (possibly too lightly)?
Re: barrel cleaning; I've had my shutz for about 5 years now and i still haven't figured out the best cleaning regime, it doesn't spit them out all over the shop like yours though
2002's are aparently quite easy to take apart. I've accessed the valve on mine before so could show you how to do that. Never looked at the hammer but it can't be too hard. I would think a fault in this area would result in lower velocity, which way do you fliers fly??
How does she group with the Welham air-stripper thingamy removed??
Hi Tim
New seals about 6 months ago and they look fine. May be a little light but that is the way DaveW set it after the service (replaced reg., sliding block and so on). He moved the barrel very slightly forward since the previous owner(s) had it too back and gouged the slider receiver - hence a new one (and someone had messed up the regulator).
The flyers seem to have been left and low (about 2" at 25yds!). Otherwise on the bench it will put pellet on pellet at 45yds (wind permitting), good groups out at 50/55 but there is always some wind. Yeah, will try without the stripper - maybe make it quieter but I will bring along my ear defenders hahaha.