View Single Post
Old 12th March 2012, 11:53 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by neilL View Post
Lovely weather (i.e. no rain! some sun) and an interesting Bisley wind (the flags out on Stickleback are no help whatsoever). Great company and for the lucky four that made it to the finals a rare chance to shoot 100 targets ... the last ones becoming a blur.

I am suffering a wee bit today as I have no doubt is Helen. Many thanks to the BFTO folk and all who participated. Congratulations to Rob and Tim in the cup.

I hope the weather is as nice at Newbury later this month

Very nice shooting Neil. 17 at the end of the day was equalled by Tim on the same session, who I thought would have me but even he was tricked by the breeze late on. It seemed barmy that you could stick them down the throat at one end of the course out to 50+ and yet 40's needed kills of wind at the other end. The far course in the morning was just nuts. It was so easy to lose a handful by jnot really anything more than bad luck. It seemed there was a switch... blowing a little takes nothing, blow a little more, takes a kill +.

It's good to see several shooters in all the grades across the region getting solid scores on a regular basis, quite a few have turned a corner this season. Roll on the regionals!
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep