View Single Post
Old 28th July 2009, 08:13 AM
Member of: Fort airgun club
Location: A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly no more.
Default Food parcels for the troops appeal 2009.

A few weeks back I got a text then later a phonecall off a young squaddie who I met after one of mine and Cliffords previous Goodwill Parcel appeals in 2007 which was made possible by donations from the AirgunBBS thanks to the generous members on that forum we have now sent literally hundreds of food parcels to Afghanistan and Iraq.

According to this young lad he said nothing has changed and things are still grim foodwise .

Therefore I think its time for us to attempt another parcel delivery to our lads in Afghanistan. I know most of us in this country are now charitied out with all the many GOOD CAUSES various agencies and charities want us to donate to but in this case these are our lads, sons, cousins, brothers, friends we all surely know some one who is or has served in that GOD FORSAKEN DUST BOWL of a country.

We all recognise our troops are some of the best in the world if not THE BEST and their morale and motivation is very good but after talking to these young squaddies I know first hand how important a shoe box full of goodies means to them when sent from home.

Myself and Clifftop are about to start sending parcels out to our troops again ASAP and would hope that BBS members would like to donate cash to help us do just that OR send a parcel yourself ITS FREE POSTAGE NOW so for 5 YOU CAN MAKE A YOUNG SQUADDIES DAY .

Last edited by Grayling; 28th July 2009 at 08:21 AM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread