View Single Post
Old 27th February 2012, 08:19 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default CSFTA FT Final Round up

Thanks to all at Wendover for a really enjoyable course.

Commiserations to Steve Privett, who despite winning the Gary Wells by missing just 25 targets out of a possible 280 over the season was pipped to the post by Tim Goodhall by 0.25%. It seems this year CSFTA has seen a new level of consistency at the top end, with the top two sharing 3 wins out of 5 each, but such was the level that it took the region's first clearance in living memory at the last round to take the top place.

Steve Lanyman kept A grade busy leading it from his first shoot, so his visit to that grade will be short. But Wendover didn't stop there, and their Mark Matthews stormed B grade to such an extent that he could be joining Steve in his next grade. The Bucc's Mick Winstanly pipped Helen England to 2nd place.

Aiden Giles, making a return to FT, stepped down from his trophy to pass the honours to Geoff Ames, who found deserved form mid season, just ahead of Peter Terry from Newbury and Carisbrooke's Mark Gregory.

Bisley once again won the teams comp, despite North Oxon and Wendover taking a couple of wins out of them along the way.

It's been a season of welcoming new faces and seeing some old ones return, but it seems the core of CSFTA is just as healthy, and perhaps stronger than it's been for some time. Only the regional's will reveal how we stack up.

I expect the clocks will be out in practice now for March 11th for the regional showdown, which I presume is at Bisley.

See you all then
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread