View Single Post
Old 26th July 2009, 10:30 PM
Default New Zealand AFTA Series Rd5 Auckland NZ Jul 26 2009

New Zealand AFTA Series Round 5: Auckland NZ Jul 26 2009

This shoot was the last scheduled competition for the 2009 series. The eventual class winner of the Springer, Open and Masters classes were to be determined from the points individuals accumulated from each of the series shoots that they had attended, with points from the best four events taken into account.

For those that know Auckland NZ you could be aware that weather in the region can be very changeable and it has been known to have all four seasons on one day!! The weather for this shoot could not have been further from that. The forecast was for good weather and that is exactly how it turned out. In fact even if you had of 'asked' god for good weather he might now have been able to give us such a good day.

Anyway the range comprised of 6 lanes of five targets totalling 30 shots, and it was to be shot twice for a max total of 60. Each target was numbered and had to be shot in that numerical order, failure to do so would automatically concede 2 pts. There was a compulsory standing lane and a compulsory kneeling lane.
From here on in it was a bit of a blur for me as I was really feeling 'in the zone' and finished the first round at 29/30. The second round wasnt going too badly either until I shot out of sequence and conceded 2 pts, finishing the round at 26/30, totalling 55/60. This score was a clear 6 shots clear of all other shooters, and I consequently finished first in the Open class on this day...and Im still fizzing!!

A couple of other shooters who also performed pretty darn well, Adam Welsh and Max McCrae using this event as part of the preparation for their upcoming World FT champs in SA campaign. Certainly there is no better gauge on performance than actual results attained during competition. As the NZ team representatives I wish them all the best. Some of you who read this may meet them over there if you are also attending. I suggest you dont ask Adam to perform the traditional NZ Haka, as a one or two person haka doesnt quite have the same affect as having the NZ All Blacks perform it!!
Anyway thats about all. Sorry no other scores. Ive sent some Pics to Rob so he can include them....unfortunately the the camera batteries died early so the pics are only of the early stages.

Incidently congratulations to go to the season overall class winners;

Masters- Adam Welsh

Open- Alex Magon

Springer- Seam Sweeny

Well done guys and great shooting over the season

The is also a youtude video that was put together on the day curtesy of KScott.

Last edited by Shaqa; 28th July 2009 at 02:15 AM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread