View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 03:48 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Every now and then a great post comes along,I found this really interesting and relevant to myself at the moment as I have just bought an LG300 for 10m shooting.I have been using a SSP Steyr LG1 which I must admit has improved my scores as it seems very forgiving,which I can only put down to lock time,much more so than my FWB 601,however the initial results with the Walther are a backward step as follow through seems to be critical.I have to actually force myself to stay on target or shots get pulled everywhereBoth the LG1 and the LG300 have the same barrel length including the shroud/muzzle weight and are doing identical power with the same pellets,not what I was expecting to be honest as I thought a modern PCP would easily out shoot a 20 year old SSP
Sounds like a classic case of follow through. Perhaps the fit is different and thus making follow through harder because it's not quite right/same. At 10m you really have to have a massive difference to allow a shot to wander more than another rifle.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep