View Single Post
Old 11th February 2012, 12:11 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Chairgun

Originally Posted by holly View Post
I picked up my copy of shooting sports today and what did i see ? yep our hero simon the pieman in all his glory , plus another ugly sod dastardly dave croucher . surely the young and innocent should be protected from this sort of horror . quite put me off my pudding ??? HOLLY
Must try and get a copy, thanks for the heads up old timer

Anyway, was down Tondu the other day clearing the new gp lanes and oping a bit of shooting.
Happened to have this tin of dai 14 Exacts 8.4g.

So placed a few down range.

somewhat bemusingly they landed on the same aim points past 30m as the express.

Now its been a few years since i changed from 8.4 - 7.9 and when i did that, using the Njr and running around 815 there was a noticably flatter curve.

not so it seems with the low powered Ev2.

A check on chairgun indeed showed with given fps the curves match.

Interesting that (on chairgun) greatly increasing the height of the scope, ala Mr.D would flaten out the curve quite a bit at the the more common 40 + ranges while making close range targets double spinners, on the turrest. Might be some thing to loom at??

That all depends on another test session saturday at tondu, all, being well.

Baught a tin of Exact Dai 36 (8.4g). Weighed the whole tin, not counted but roughly 400 @ 8.4, 40 at 8.5 and 60 at 8.3. Will zero at 50 then check drop of 8.3 & 8.5. Expecting no differnce which means they all go in the same pot?

Will also try styaright from tin and sized to 4.52 & 4.50. Got Tin of AA to try to.

Of course, if the aim points work out the same as express, what i am really looking for is less wind?

All being well, will be using the 8.4 Exacts on Test at Bisley?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85