View Single Post
Old 10th February 2012, 07:26 AM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

Just because no one else has "Joined Steve's gang" or indeed agreed with him openly on here doesn't automatically mean that no one does...
I remember the uproar a few years back when the NEFTA winter league dates clashed with the MFTA ones, THEY were changed, and it seldom happens again. So don't anyone tell me it can't be done.
For the last twelve years i have been working a four on four off work pattern which has meant that in all that time i think i've been to Newbury for the inter regionals twice, i have tried on numerous occasions in the past to either get some of the dates changed or reduce the number of counted scores from nine down to six to at least give me half a chance. To be fair some NEFTA officials did try to help me out with this but it remains the same and i have come to terms with it so this isn't a rant or me having a pop at anyone, just my experience of the winter league and it's placing on the calendar.
On the plus side, this is one of the very few years when one of the shoot dates doesn't clash with mothers day. I would imagine most of the shooters have kids so this day could be better spent with family and help iron out some of the grief we get dissapearing every Sunday to go shooting.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion