View Single Post
Old 26th January 2012, 08:12 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

Been to discuss the results and my progress with the oncologist today following the CT scan i had done last week.
Bit of a mixed bag really, i was kinda hoping he'd give me the all clear as nothing has shown up on the previous scans and with the two bouts of chemo i've had i pretty much thought everything would have been zapped. The scan showed something in the area where the tumour was and also something in one of my lungs... he said the first was most likely scarring and thickening of the tissue from the op to remove the tumour. The lung one was there before on the first scan i had and was only a millimeter across so they couldn't even take a biopsy from it, only thing to do was wait and see if any of them grow... he said it could be scarring left over from the Pneumonia i had the year before.
So at present i have a further CT scan booked in three months time and the oncologist is due to have a meeting with the surgeon's in a fortnight where they will discuss my case and let me know what they are going to do should anything change.
He stressed a couple of times that at this stage there really was nothing to worry about but they just wanted to be sure.
I was a little bit pee'd off at the news but you have to take comfort in the fact that nothing seems to be getting left to chance.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion