View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2012, 04:46 PM
Member of: Kibworth
Default looking at starting HFT

New to the forum and even newer to the sport as I am still looking at Rifles I don't own one yet.

I guess I am typical as I shot open sight sprung rifles in my teens (a few years ago now) was just plinking really back in he days where the law was not so tight . The past 5 years I have been in to target archery shooting a Compound bow fairly competitively at County level, but i am getting to the stage where I would like to try something else, initially as well as the archery, though I will probably end up doing less of that.

Have been recommended Kilworth and it is only 10 miles from home, so took a visit well 2 actually and had a chat in the shop and looked at the practice range, tried out an Air arms S410 and S200, the s200 appeals because I think my 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter could handle it too they seem interested in having a go through if it is like their archery they will not be there too oftern, I am 5'6" so can make the s200 fit although I am Leaning toward the S400 possibly in the Carbine light weight if my son can not hold a standard rifle, he will probably shoot from a table and bean bag initially.

I an definitely interested in entering some local HFT's they sound like good fun may also see if the kids are interested hence being able to shoot the rifle.

I am reading and learning as much as I can before I take the plunge any advice is appreciated sure i will be along asking the usual newbie questions be kind to me.

Last edited by pwiles1968; 22nd January 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread