View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:17 PM
Pete Dutton

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
No shotgun start - no plans now and no plans for the future. It was discussed at length and the numbers we have attending a winter league would make shotgun starts prohibitive e.g. there would be almost everyone in the first session, and no one in the second session. We have to think of the clubs running these events, and as sessions could potentially go on past 2 o'clock in the winter, we have to think about the health and safety of all involved, especially in the darker winter months. Its okay saying 'we won't attend because of xy and z', but with other shoots running, even though we have the dates out in plenty of time, I can guarantee those moaning won't be coming anyway.

It might not suit everyone, but I am afraid this has been discussed at length for the past few years. If you don't like cueing, get up earlier or turn up later - the rule has always been in place that if the lane you are waiting for is in use, you can move on to the next free target, but no one ever seems to do this.

That's strange Lee, none of your above concerns have ever been a problem at the NEFTA winter leagues.

As to those moaning not coming anyway? not always the case I'm afraid. While I'm not moaning about your system I didn't attend last year as I'm not prepared to queue for upto an hour to start a course or stand about at my car waiting for the pack to thin, personally I'd have done most of your W/L shoots if a shotgun start had been used.

As always it's upto the Midland shooters to use whichever system they prefer, it just seems strange that the majority of MFTA shooters I have spoken to would prefer a Shotgun Start but then again maybe it's like in NEFTA where club reps make decisions with no consultation with their membership