View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:52 AM
Member of: Redfearns FTC

Originally Posted by Baltipal View Post
I see that this post has had 90 views on this forum while the same post on the BBS has 26 & on the AGF 55.
A fair old number have read & presumably cast a vote but no opinion or argument is forthcoming to help a bloke formulate their own view.
On the face of it the change to a percentage based system seems a fair one but if it's so reasonable why weren't we using it already, what's the argument against?
Why 6 scoring comps instead of 8, what are the pros & cons?
The more rounds that are counted towards the total score will mean that the more consistent shooter will rise to the top. But it does work against anyone who can only attend a few shoots.

In NEFTA we hold 11 rounds in the winter league and have 9 of them to count towards your total score and qualifying for the regional team.

I really like the % based score as it seems really unfair for someone to put in a clear round and then the next best shooter come in on a 27 and only finish 1 point behind. That does not reflect the achievement of the best shooter on the day. much better to have them score 100% and 90% respectively.

Just my thoughts