View Single Post
Old 10th January 2012, 03:12 PM
this **** is killing me.
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Originally Posted by AirArmsDavid View Post
Apologies, I should have explained what I meant by "ban".

I don't mean passing legislation to make them illegal.

I meant a ban by shooting organisations or clubs where someone turns up with a non-standard cylinder and is asked to leave (in the same way as if they had an over power gun), or at least asked to provide information on its safety. I have heard rumour that this has already happened somewhere?

Yes, I realise there could be some other component that's been fiddled with and renders the gun dangerous but I think if that too were obvious to the organiser/club they would have words with the shooter?

If all clubs/organisations/airgunners are happy to have any Heath Robinson airgun turn up, so be it. I'll keep a closer look out!
Thanks for the clarification David.

It doesn't realy change my position though, again if we had a problem with 'custom' cylinder's ect then i could perfectly understand (and agree with) clubs/organisation banning these 'custom' cylinder's ect, but as far as im aware we dont so i would still see such a ban as an over the top knee **** reaction to a problem that doesn't exist.

For me a single incident in another country isnt ground's for ban in this country even at club level.