View Single Post
Old 9th January 2012, 12:58 PM
The Chaser!
Member of: Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

Originally Posted by neilL View Post
OK, I am somewhat aged and recovering from abdominal surgeries (August and December) so I found the course interesting but somewhat painful. It was almost entirely uphill (just a few lanes at the end of the course were flat-ish) and this was hard on right-handers. I am still some ways off having any core strength/stamina and so standers were pretty wobbly for me. It would have been great if I were able to shoot left-handed :-)

Otherwise it was lovely to get out and I enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. The early risers benefited, I think, from a lighter Newbury breeze but that valley is always fun, more so when the leaves have fallen and you can't really see the movement until the pellet hits the plate hahaha. I was happy with my 32 all considered but my insides are less happy today. I used to suffer from back pain (and the hill would have been bad for that) but the long lay-off from shooting seems to have helped. My personal thanks to my good club-mate Tony Elderfield who helped me by lugging the gun to the next lane a few times when it was really getting to me.

(No bowel cancer anymore but no colon either!)

It was good to see you back out on an FT course Neil, good shooting too!

EV2 - March X 8x80
EV2 'Rev' off Awesime, (the one he didn't spray black.) - Big Nikko