View Single Post
Old 20th December 2011, 02:44 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

I have had some good news today.
I went for my blood tests yesterday prior to starting my next dose of chemo today, got a phone call later in the day saying that they would have to postpone my treatment for a week again,like last time, my blood test showed that my body hadn't recovered enough from the last lot even with the reduction in the doseage. A couple of hours later when emptying my Ileostomy bag there was a lot of blood in it, this has never happened before and i have to phone the hospital if i have any blood loss, bruising, flu like symptoms or a temperature of 37.5 or above. So i phoned the hospital and was told to go striaght there, they did another blood test which showed an improvement from the earlier one and also my Ileostomy bag was more like normal with no more blood in it, but to be sure they kept me in overnight and checked again this morning, all was well so i was allowed home.
Before i left the doc in charge of my chemotherapy treatment came to see me and said that they weren't going to continue with my treatment as in my case the risks were starting to outweigh the benefits. The chemo was a preventative measure following the finding of the two cancer cells after my op to remove the tumour, and that tests showed that in some cases four doses were as effective as eight, with some patients just being prescribed the four from the start.
So, i'm done with the chemo, can look forward to a christmas without feeling sick and a three month cut in the recovery process!
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion