View Single Post
Old 13th December 2011, 08:22 AM
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
That statement is a little disingenuous. I have been in this sport right from the start, and was Chairman when compulsory standers and kneelers were brought in. Right from the start it was ALWAYS compulsory when a shooter could not take a shot from a compulsory position, they had to used the next harder one up the scale! So kneelers were taken standing, and that still remains the case. As there were a few cases where some shooters could not stand, but could kneel, the BFTA adopted a policy where they could kneel, but not rest the stock on the knee etc. It was then brought up that there were some who could not kneel or stand and this was then decided to look at what others, such as the NSRA etc did in this case. This is why the 'dispensation' arose.

The whole subject was discussed in detail at the BFTA AGM and it was pointed out that shooters, Marshalls and others seemed not to be aware, or using the original basic rule that if you cannot kneel, you must then stand! The meeting instructed the REgions to ensure that this was re-inforced! So it is not a 'new' rule. It is making sure the old, and still existing, rule is enforced.
I didn't mean to be disingenuous and I don't think I said it was a new rule. I apologise if that's how it came across. Please bear in mind that I only came to the sport a year ago when the adapted kneeling was in use. Also the information available (or that I could find) on the BFTA website is scant and ambiguous and many more experienced than I have been unclear as to what the situation was. Clarification has though now been issued and I have absolutely no dispute with that.

I would like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong....