View Single Post
Old 4th December 2011, 08:58 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Italian Rs are straight to the point

Very interesting day at Sywell, and somewhat unexpected as Italian pellets went stright.

Zero range was set out in the garden between lane 1 and the rest of the course.

started at 35y board and was surprised to see the pellets going stright despite obviuos L - R wind. Moved to 50m and yet again, no wind but lifting a little high.

I know arms dealer and shaun shore also found their pellets going high today, dont know about others?

Tried a few targets on the zero plus the boards and found alll going stright???
Arms dealar thaught my windage was out, but i dont think so as pellets were stright and accurate at all ranges, even the 10 y zero was straight.

So, target 1, 40y ish and inside Left edge. X
target 2, long one, gave it 47m but think it may have been near full? Same aim point, left edge but with eyes trained to watch the pellet fly right and clear kill?

no, it went straight as a staight thing going somewhere straight, but dropped a touch and hit 8 on edge! bugger. 0

Only missed one other in the garden, the long kneeler. Was very steady on it, giving inside left edge but was so steady had too much time to take the shot and by the time i remembered i was supposed to be shooting it, had started to run out of puff and wobbles had developed. Just wobbled out on edge and thats where it struck.
Bad shot.

Got the standers before the first sitting lane on the banks. Double dinked, did not see the shorter first one but the second one went left, probably by an inch. after the shot and watching the bushes near the target you could see grassy stuff moving r - L. Think the same thing happened on this lane to me in the Gp?
Think the first one went straight.

Other lanes and it was inside left wedge for the hits. Had another wobbly on the other long kneeler, again taking too much time and thinking about the shot too much. Another bad one.
Another bad one was where the wind dropped and the brain switched off, i went stright for the middle only to see the pellet just catch the edge of 3. bugger, inside left would have had it.

Was too brave on one, gave edge of plate when inside edge would have done and a couple not enough, inside edge when just out by half - 1 inch would have done.
about 3-4 misses i did not see

Last lane was a bugger, target 29 and inside right edge sent it flat, think it was around 42 yards. last target was closer, 32 yards roughly so gave it samer aim point. flew across kill !

I think with the 3 or maybe 4 misses i should have had, i would have been happy with somthing around 25.

However, the pellets / combo worked much etter than expected!
The Italian Rs pellets seemed much better than the irish Rs or falcon. i have not used Italian Rs since Essex 50.

so, last test perhaps next week at Tondu before switching back to Express in Piest in preperation for 2012 gp season?

Think however that I will leave the REV set up with RS and use when the mood takes me a regional level?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85