View Single Post
Old 25th November 2011, 09:05 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I don't understand Chris. Paul is saying that an abled bodied shooter may find the disabled positions easier because they are able bodied, where as someone carrying a disability still wouldn't.

I'm not sure how someone shooting a disabled position is doing a one off. Everyone I know (3 people) who shoot them have done for over a year.

People who want to call people cheats need to consider the simple fact that the shooters have agreed with the cheif marshall that the position they use offers no advantage. That's the rule. The positions used are not THE alternative position, they are AN alternative. Beryl was right when she said standers could be an agreed alternative, but it varies to each person (which I think places a lot on the cheif marshall to decide).

It would appear through all the blustering, most didn't understand the rules.

To take the heat out of it, people need to be better informed for a start. And then they need to work from an informed position. I bet no-one on here has actually bothered to look at the courses that are offer to sports to help them determine the best standpoint to a disabled policy. If there's so much energy, perhaps they should use it constructively.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep