View Single Post
Old 25th November 2011, 07:02 AM
Lucky git

Originally Posted by paul yates View Post
Is it just me or am i missing something here, everybody that comments on how stable the disabled positions are, are able bodied, and are able to shoot the normal positions, it would then make sense to me that an able bodied shooter would actually find the disabled positions stable after a little practice, as somebody who isnt disabled my body would react differently to some body who is disabled the stress on my joints muscles and ligaments would be different and not felt the same, how then is it fair to comment that it is more stable.
surely thte only way to do a fair test is toget a group of shooters of all abilities and grades stick a course out and let them shoot it work out a perscentage hit and missed on the positionals then adjust accordingly till the percentages balance out evenly, this could mean moving some postional furtther back etc just a thought
I agree with Paul. I bet Tony was jumping through hoops when he saw Connor's post

When i shoot a standard standing or kneeling shot it's a position that i have practiced for years. The people that are trying out the disabled shooting position are doing a one off. Imagine how stable you were the first time you ever sat to shoot FT compared to now??...then we have the ones that aren't disabled but trying out the positions to see what the fuss is about and finding that the very first time you shoot there is a marked improvement. I have tried the disabled positions out and found a noticable increase in stability for both standing and kneeling, imagine practicing the disabled positions over a few seasons????

Another thing that should be digested here is that many shooters are REALLY, REALLY peed off about the disabled positions......but because this is a public forum are being diplomatic. How long will it be before there is a heated discussion at a GP between someone shooting the disabled positions and another shooter in the group thinking that they are cheating and saying so?