View Single Post
Old 17th November 2011, 06:52 AM
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by fredyninefingers View Post
i think that if somebody is applying for a dispensation with their kneeling/standing shots then thats course enough for a disabled or all sitting class.....if any person cant shoot the required disciplines as set out,then a new class needs to be formed.....or split everything all sitting ft,sillouettes for standing and maybe an all kneeling discipline.
i,ve heard tales of lads running about with aircylinders over their shoulder then suddenly shooting disabled class.......
maybe it could be time to invent a new shooting position to take the place of kneeling but is obviously more challengeing than sitting....
or replace the kneeling shots with 2 maximum distance reduce kills and 4 standers.
i thoroughly enjoy fieldtarget shooting in its current form but i,m always open to change or progress ......
And that is one of the've heard. If you'd seen and asked the chap what his disability was you probably would be better informed. I myself could quite easily walk any course with a cylinder over my shoulder as the problem I have is with bending at the knees due to arthritis, resulting in me having to use the alternative kneeling position. If I had to take kneelers standing due to me not being able to kneel then there would be no discussion about how unfair it was as the standing position would put me at a dissadvantage and able bodied shooters at an advantage.