View Single Post
Old 14th November 2011, 10:14 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by TREV RYN View Post
ey up flower , for a long time in FT , if you couldnt kneel for whatever reason then on the kneeling lanes you took the next hardest option ie standing so as there is no advantage gained, , this was dropped and the new disabled positions were brought in,
The problem with that Trev is where a shooter takes both kneeling and standing in the disabled position.

I also think the old method was better. as a course builder, I keep stats for all the courses i build to see who hit and missed what. thus I know what targets will take marks of Aa,a etc. I would rather say to a shooter ok, no standing but shoot targets x & y twice as i know i would be setting him .her as differcult a shot as the standing lane targets.

I may be wrong, but i thaught Ian's point was using the disabled positions gives an easier shot.
Having tried both, as an eabled bodied shooter(apart from when i put on weight!) our findings were the disabled kneeling position seemed to give neither an advantage or disadvantage.

however, its the standing shot where the disabled position is far more stable. Thus, if i shoot 4 standing targets in a Gp i would hope to hit 2 or 3 usually, very occasionaly 4
However, in the disabkled oposition i would be expecting to hit 4. Thats where it is not a level playimng field for me.

How many people commenting on this subject have actually shot a number of targets in the disabled position???
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85