View Single Post
Old 12th November 2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
The ProSport has the best internals as standard, but is very Hold sensitive and generally would not be used for FT over here.
The HW 98 has very basic internals and would benefit from a lot of tuning, again not used for FT over here.
The 2 guns that you would see are the TX200 and the HW 77/97, both underlevers therefore a bit heavier and stable.
The TX200 has the better internals from the factory, and only needs some minor tuning to get it sweet.
The HW's, more work initially required but sweet once they are sorted.

New, it has to be the TX.
S/Hand then a Tuned or well bedded in HW.

My humble thoughts.
Good advice here from Steve, the HW98 is a very good rifle (I have one) but for FT suffers a handicap, the break barrel means you cant fit a long scope and sunshade due to the breech!
My FT springer is a Bitza HW77 built for the job and modfied extensively by myself to shoot the way I want it to, using Express its just as accurate as my HW100, but as with all springers it requires a bit more skill to shoot than a precharge
If you get POI changes in different positions by the way (as holly mentioned) its the balance, it took me most of the Summer to sort my 77 but by the end of the seriese it was picking the scores back up after a few changes!