View Single Post
Old 12th November 2011, 06:04 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
I've always thought it strange that The FT World Championships didn't require qualification.

Most, if not all, other sports & shooting disciplines require national qualification to fill a specified number of places per country at a world championship.
I understand why it didn't require qualification & was an open competition in the past, as it was a marginal sport with few competitors that could afford the costs of competing in the World Champs.
So maybe we should be looking at it from the point of view that FT has come of age & is no longer a marginal discipline.
Yes, change is usually difficult, & a method of qualification will have to be devised & possibly some financial support from the BFTA/EFTA for the qualifiers to be able to attend a world championship, but I see this as all positive forward momentum for our sport.
As to qualifying we will all have to try harder, train harder, be more dedicated to the sport if we want a chance to be a FT World Champion.

So enjoy this interesting new development of FT.
Its still an open competition though Pete, not a team event? If it becomes a team event, then its time for a change!
For me the event should be the best of the best, however that means a large (20 -30) selection of English Shooters, as there are a number of emglish shooters who could win it?
To be honest the three days shooting was not hard in italy, apart from stupid high / shooting the bank shots. Hardly came out of kill in 150 targets. Some of the shooters there could not hit barn doors. To me, while its great to see more countries taking part, it should not be by poke and hope shooters at the expense of some great shooters.
There has tro be a better solution. Make the event 5 days?
Monday (Arrive)
Tuesday, zero day
wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday - shoot days.
Monday home
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85