View Single Post
Old 9th November 2011, 08:53 AM
Member of: Carisbrooke.Isle of Wight
Default Hi from the Isle of Wight

Hi everyone just thought that I would introduce myself and say Hi to all you Guys. My name is Dave and about six weeks ago I went into my local gun shop on the Island ( live on the Isle of Wight ) to buy a hunting knife for my next door nab ore it was his Birthday and I didn’t know what to get him for a present and as he is always giving me rabbits and game that he has shot I thought that he would be able to use a good knife.
Then as I went to walk outside the shop on the inside of the door was an advert to join our local Air rifle club. Well that was great news to me as I have not shot for at least twelve years I thought that I would like to have a go.
I contacted the chairman and was invited to come along and see for myself what a breath of fresh Air (pardon the pun) I was made to feel so welcome and everyone was so friendly It was great the next week was the first round of the field target winter league and Carisbrooke was the venue for the first round I was like a sponge soaking up all I could and trying to come to terms with it all.
The next Day I was up to the shops to buy some Air gun mags and look out for a gun to buy (still waiting for my steyr) I must also mention Andy who has been my mentor and answered all of my questions and when my rifle comes I’m going to be a pain in the butt (pardon the pun again) thanks again Andy.
This last weekend saw us off to Southampton Buccaneers for the second round of the winter league and as I didn’t have my gun I managed to get a lift and was able to see what I would be up against (Boy some of you Guys and Girls can shoot) it wasn’t only the competition But the great atmosphere and I would like to thank everyone at Southampton for a great day out and thanks to you all who answered my questions on the day.
Looking forward to meeting you all again Best wishes Dave (the Indian).
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread