Thread: FT Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:14 PM
I Like BIG Hats!
Member of: Far Coley FTC

Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Yes, the safety flags are in the rules, too (or in case of under/side lever rifles the lever has to be opened halfway so everybody can see it). IHMO we can live without it, because you can't see a small flag from 30 meters but you can see well whether the muzzle points to the gound. It would be much more important that nobody puts the muzzle towards others' face, I can never get used to that, how some people are pointing around with a wide gesture while standing up from the shooting position...
Andras I think we all need to make a stand on this over and above everything else, that If we see unsafe practice that we mention it. I will admit that what happens is unintentional but all it takes is for people to think "where is my muzzle pointing" and if required (and yes getting up holding a rifle can be bloody awkward, especially for the less agile lads) that shooters help each other. As for the breech flag idea it proves at a glance the breech is clear and is part of best practice. You are correct in that these flags cannot be seen a distance away, but their use provides a useful check.
AirArms RN10/EV2 Stock-2007 Big nikko FT Kit
AirArms NJR100 Hawke Airmax SR6 HFT/SFT Kit
Feinwerkbau 600 10 metre
HW77K-zeiler 6-24x44 Work in progress
Webley Vulcan .22 Lovely old relic