View Single Post
Old 31st October 2011, 09:43 AM

Seeing as how the decision to amend the insurance arrangements stems from 2010 according to correspondence in my possession, I would like to know what took the NSRA so long to tell everyone about the changes. The Rifleman came out about ten days ago.

Yet again the same trap has been fallen into. The regional delegates to BFTA are NOT postmen for the BFTA to disseminate information through. They are there to represent the region and to carry the region's views upwards, not the BFTA's information downwards. You can't put that level of liability on a regional rep, it's just not fair on them. No disrespect to BFTA but they don't have one single paid employee. Is it right to leave such an important piece of news to be circulated by unpaid volunteers?

NSRA has a list of all the clubs it insures. They could have written to them. Ages ago.

And Rob you can dress up the idea of membership with all the goodies that go with it but it still doesn't change the fact that a lot of money has got to be found by people who just want to carry on giving away their expertise and their time, free of charge. They are not allowed to sell their time, under the terms of the licence anyway.

We've been told that the delegates on the last training course who are not NSRA full members can have a certificate of basic competence (but no fee advised for that yet and I am still waiting to hear terms and conditions since the middle of last week) and this certificate can magically be transformed into a club instructor's licence on payment of about 100 for membership and CRB check. So the trainees deserve the full certificate, they have shown themselves to be not only competent but also suitable as instructors, and they are evidently willing as they volunteered to do the course.

It's all about money. Nothing else. On the old system your BFTA number was good enough. That was a cheap backdoor way in to being an instructor and NSRA closed the loophole.