View Single Post
Old 29th October 2011, 07:02 PM
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others
Thumbs up heres marmite,,,,,,, my new daystate =

Hi all

well I picked this up a few weeks ago, but i have been that busy i did not have time to post it on this forum plus my lady is in hostipal ( simple op but she needed to have a disk out after the 1st op made her left side sort of temp dead from her knee to her hip !! i can not take her anywhere with out her causing trouble ha-ha, however she is on the mend now ), well the new daystate of mine is a nice huntsman mk1 FTR ( i did not know they did ftr's back then ) with a marmite ( i like it but maybe a few will not, the photos speak for themselves ) FT custom stock what someone off here might know more about ? !!. as the records on daystate factory system say it was made in 1986 as angie got as much info as she could today for me ( thanks angie & young rob ) also the fill is 135 bar as it says 2000 psi on the block.

& when me & lean first shot it at furnace mill it was a dream but what else can i say but wow it was & is a nice feeling to shoot it plus i was getting some nice groups at 30 yards all under 1\2" easy using a cheap bsa scope on max x9 ( not fully zeroed too ).

It came in a old wooden rifle case ( for sale now ) with a nice old air logic 4-20x44 scope ( what is sold now ! ) i belive the scope was made by Hakko, & 2 moderators plus the filling adapter inc too.

however the owner before me had the rifle for just over 4 years & he said tony from Sandwell field sports serviced the rifle about 15 months ago, & from what I can tell he did a great job as it shot so nice & smooth plus there is little wear & tear on the action etc.

so when i asked angie if they could check it over for me & tell me some info on it plus maybe they can fit a New Style Daystate Standard Male Fill Valve Assembly, as the standard one is a bit wider so i needed to use another Fill Connector what I thought was a pain to keep swapping ( i have a couple of Quick Couplers from best fittings ). Therefore after only a few mins young rob sorted out it all out for me & he loved the rifle too.

So after I paid my bill & gave them a box of chocolate and a box of biscuits ( its a bribe to get me in quicker shhh he-he ) i was on my way home with a very nice smile on my face as marmite is looking & sounding the part now. roll on wed or later in the week when i can shoot him again.

& yes Debbie the daystate ( my airwolf mct ) is still fun but these mct wolf's are a bit boring at times sorry to say as if you miss what you are aiming at its YOUR fault not the rifle !!! & it she be to good for me at times...... !!! He-he.

A couple of photos =

& more here =
My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread