View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 10:16 PM
rich's Avatar
rich rich is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shebbear, N Devon
Posts: 1,643

Another thing.

I was told earlier this year by NSRA that to attend a club instructor course for Light Sporting Rifle I would need to have individual NSRA membership and an RCO qualification.

I was told two days ago by NSRA that all club instructor courses regardless of discipline were brought into common line in 2010 after the BFTA stopped selling insurance.

Now we hear that this isn't actually the case, you can do the FT club instructor course without needing an RCO qualification, and Rob has edited that out.

So are they in line on a common foundation or not?

And another thing...

The insurance tag is a red herring. If you hold a club instructor ticket it no more makes you into an instructor for your club than holding a driving licence makes you a chauffeur. Anyone who has the CI ticket but is not appointed by their club as an instructor doesn't actually need any special insurance, thank you. The insurance is only a factor once they are appointed, so it's an issue for the club to handle, not the individual. Paid cover for activities that you don't actually indulge in is a waste of money, or a con.

And another thing . .

If it sounds like I am pretty darn fuming over all this, well you read it right.

Last edited by rich; 27th October 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote