View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 01:49 AM
Aspiring to mediocrity
Member of: MEMBER OF M.A.D

Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
I know this is to be for a magazine article but you're going about it the wrong way, expecting a figure to come away with is not the way to go or what competition shooting is all about, especially for the novice. There is just too many variables to even think about what someone might be expected to score, if you want to compare anything, compare what it's like for a seasoned HFT shooter to try FT for the first time, compare what you expect it to be like and what you thought of it afterwards.
If you go into it expecting a 30 ex 50 or a 35 or a 40 or whatever you will be more focussed on that and miss what it's really all about, enjoying being out with an airgun in the company of like minded individuals...exactly the same as HFT.
Seriously, you'll enjoy it a helluva lot more and shoot better for it if you don't concentrate on what you should score. Then next time you can compare.

Thanks for the reply, but I am afraid I have to disagree with you on a few points, Competitive shooting for me is about score, if you do not care about the score then why keep count? On Sunday I am attending ETL and even though I have had very little time with my kit and I really do not have a clue what I am doing, I will be doing my best to win.

9 years ago when I was doing martial arts, I was fighting in a round robin competition, in my first round I was drawn against the European champion. I had no chance of beating him as I was just a club fighter. However, in the first round he dropped his guard and i managed to kick him in the face for a point. (He then pulverized me) but this is the attitude every competition shooter should have, never give up, never back down and fight for every point.

The article is going to be based around 4 sections, the first two being a review of the gun and the scope, (AR20 and big Niko with nato ret) the third piece will be a review of the Essex 50 and the final section will be what I as a HFT shooter thought about my first experiance of FT.

I will enjoy Sunday, I will enjoy it, if I score 50 or 5, but I personally need a goal to work towards and I now have one. My aim for Sunday is 35+. That is my goal and tomorrow I start the practise for real
Somehow I made TEAM ENGLAND 2012 and 2013

Illiterate writer for AirGunner

The real Kung Foo Panda.